To provide you with an independent, reputable and comprehensive inspection service that aids residential real estate transactions by empowering homeowners in the Sea to Sky and Lower Mainland to mitigate risk and make informed decisions.
HOME INSPECTION SERVICES IN
Office: 604 390 4663
The following HIABC COVID-19 Protocol has been adopted by Mark Goodwin of House Sound Home Inspections BC
The following has been adopted by the Home Inspectors Association BC for their inspectors to share
HIABC Inspection Guidelines during COVID-19 Epidemic This protocol is designed to reduce the risk of HIABC home inspectors bringing the Covid-19 into the home or carrying it from one inspection to another. This provides the best possible protection for the occupants of the inspected home and future homes, the home inspector and the community at large.
The general environment that home inspectors work in guided the development of this protocol along with guidance from Provincial and Canadian health authorities and other reliable sources.
HIABC recommends you follow this protocol as the minimum requirement for all inspections. In addition to this protocol, it is important that Protective measures published BCCDC are followed.
1. After booking the inspection, send the Covid-19 inspection protocol to all parties involved in the home inspection to avoid possible confusion and complications on the day of the inspection.
2. HIABC recommends that no one attend the inspection. Even when the two-meter social distancing practices are followed, if anyone in attendance developed symptoms within 48 hours, this could be considered a medium risk exposure that could trigger the need for 14 days of self monitoring by all in attendance.
3. To ensure the inspection will be at the lowest possible exposure risk, ask if in the last 14 days the occupants:
* have been in isolation or quarantine,
* are sick or have shown any symptoms of sickness,
* are aware of contact with anyone exposed to the coronavirus.
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, consider this a medium or high exposure risk inspection, even if no one was attending the inspection. We recommend rescheduling medium or high-risk inspections to a more favourable date.
4. If the home inspector or anyone scheduled to attend the inspection becomes sick, the inspection should be rescheduled or cancelled.
5. Inspectors should wear personal protection equipment. Minimal PPE would be a mask and shoe covers (or inside shoes that can be sanitized). Gloves are not recommended as they can create a false sense of protection that can do more harm than good.
6. Use a plastic bag to collect used wipes, gloves and any other disposable items used during the inspection. Take this bag with you and dispose of it with other household waste.
7. Deliver the post inspection summary review using email, phone and/or video chat rather than in-person meetings. This will ensure the inspection is completed with the lowest possible exposure risk.
8. Sanitize all tools used during the inspection, phone, inside footwear if used, any other items used. Sanitize the key and lockbox which are not likely going to be sanitized by anyone else.
9. Ask the sellers to provide clear and unobstructed access to the heating equipment; water heater; electrical panel and attic access hatch. This will ensure the inspector does not handle any of the seller’s contents more than necessary.
10. Ask the sellers to raise/open all window coverings so the inspector can open and close the windows as is required by our Standards. This limits the items the inspector must handle in the seller’s home.
Residential Property Inspector Mark Goodwin
Facts for informed decision making
- Continued professional development
- Comprehensive reports aid decisions making
- Reports assist with repair schedule
- Wide consulting base
Buying your new home can be exciting, momentous and meaningful – but it can also be stressful, especially if you’re not sure how to gauge the physical condition of a house.
That’s where House Sound Home Inspections comes in – owned by Mark Goodwin, a licensed and qualified home inspector serving Vancouver, North Shore and West Vancouver, Horseshoe Bay, Lions Bay, Britannia Beach, Squamish, Whistler and all surrounding suburbs.
Call us today and you will sleep better tonight!
BEST HOME INSPECTION & APPRAISAL SERVICE
We are the proud winners of the Squamish Chief’s Annual Readers’ Choice Award three years in a row for BEST HOME INSPECTION & APPRAISAL SERVICE
We provide professional Home Inspections for Sellers, Home Inspections for Buyers, and New Home Deficiency Inspections. We provide a professional comprehensive digital report to serve as your guide for as long as you own your home.
House Sound Home Inspections consists of Mark Goodwin (the inspector), and Gerrie Goodwin (the Manager). Having purchased property here in BC, we are acutely aware of the concerns that purchasing a home can entail.
Creating and maintaining the highest standards in the industry by providing memorable customer experiences, honing in on in-house analytical skills, timely responses and a keen eye for detail.
Cultivating relationships, developing processes and continued education of skills and business knowledge to ensure an exceptional level of delivery. By striving to exceed client expectations, additional troubleshooting support ensures smoother transactions.
Creating an expert status in property consumer protection by fostering a strong local and extended presence with persistent, good quality communications and high value of information sharing for on-going rapport with current and future clients.
Integrity, confidentiality and honesty are at the very heart of the operation. As an independent investigator and enabler instilling confidence and demonstrating reliance for guaranteed peace of mind.
Objectivity and unbiased, professional observations provide necessary neutrality in typically emotionally charged buying decisions. Catalyst to personal and professional wealth protection and accumulation.
What Our Clients Say About Us
I believe the level of service I received went above and beyond the call of duty. The attention to detail was astounding. I would recommend your service to anyone looking for a home. The documentation and photographic evidence was put together at an expert level. I felt like I had good friend giving me a hand and not like I was just another client. The experience I had with mark was great
The photographic evidence was more than enough, and it helped my Father address all the possible concerns accordingly. Mark was very detail oriented and didn’t cut corners. I liked that he actually explained things as he was seeing them, and I felt very involved in the inspection. Mark was very personable, and respectful. Being a young buyer, I’ve often been brushed off, and Mark treated my Mom and I with utmost respect, while maintaining a friendly approach.
Our Google Reviews
My wife and I were so appreciative of the time Mark took to assess our new home with us. He is thorough, thoughtful, and so approachable. Our knowledge and understanding of homes is subpar, but Mark’s insights were relevant to our needs, easy to digest, and well explained. His multimedia use of photos in our initial review and in the report were so helpful. And his report turnaround time was so fast! (He stayed up until 3AM to make sure we got our report as soon as possible) We are beyond grateful for the experience Mark created for us in our home inspection. We are now first-time home owners!
Mike and Gerrie were awesome to work with. Felt like family. I would highly recommend them. Mike did a wonderful job of my inspection.
We highly recommend House Sound Home Inspections. Mark was extremely thorough in his inspection. He provided us with a detailed report filled with photos, descriptions and links for further information. Both in conversation and in his written report, Mark's descriptions and explanations showed his attention to detail and depth of knowledge. Mark is friendly, helpful, and provides his insights in an accessible way. Thank you Mark & Gerrie!