To provide you with an independent, reputable and comprehensive inspection service that aids residential real estate transactions by empowering homeowners in the Sea to Sky and Lower Mainland to mitigate risk and make informed decisions.
VANCOUVER HOME INSPECTION SERVICES. ALSO SERVICING
Office: 604 390 4663
The following HIABC Phase 3 COVID-19 Protocol has been adopted by Mark Goodwin of House Sound Home Inspections in Vancouver, BC
This protocol is designed to reduce the risk of HIABC home inspectors
This protocol is designed to reduce the risk of HIABC home inspectors bringing the Covid-19 into the home or carrying it from one inspection to another. This provides the best possible protection for the occupants of the inspected home and future homes, the home inspector, and the community at large.
This July 2020 version has been updated to reflect changes in Phase 3 of BC’s Restart Plan. HIABC recommends you follow this protocol as the minimum requirement for all inspections. In addition to this protocol, it is important that Protective Measures published by BCCDC are followed.
After booking the inspection send the Covid-19 inspection protocol to all parties involved in the home inspection to avoid possible confusion and complications on the day of the inspection.
- HIABC recommends that no one attend during the home inspection.
- Buyers (clients) are asked to attend at the end of the inspection.
- Access into the house is now permitted for clients and their realtor for the summary review, provided that is acceptable to the occupants. Please do not bring additional family members and friends. Bring a mask if you wish to enter the house and follow safe distancing practices.
- Do NOT attend if you feel sick or have, in the last 14 days, been in contact with someone who is sick.
- If the home inspector becomes sick or was in contact with someone who has coronavirus, the inspection should be rescheduled or cancelled.
- Inspectors should wear personal protection equipment. Minimal PPE would be a mask and shoe covers (or inside shoes that can be sanitized). Gloves may offer a false sense of protection and their use will be decided on by the inspector. Hand sanitizer should be used on entry to the home.
- Have a plastic bag with you to collect used wipes, gloves and any other disposable items used during the inspection. Take this bag with you and dispose of it at home with other household waste.
- Sanitize all tools used during the inspection including phone, inside footwear if used, any other items used. Sanitize the key and lockbox.
- If, in the last 14 days, any of the occupants of the home were sick or were in contact with someone who has coronavirus or has been in quarantine, HIABC recommends rescheduling the inspection to a later date.
- Ask the sellers to provide clear and unobstructed access to the heating equipment, water heater, electrical panel, main water shutoff, and attic access hatch. This will ensure the inspector does not handle any of the seller’s contents more than necessary.
- Ask the sellers to raise/open all window coverings so the inspector can open and close the windows as is required by our Scope of Inspection. This limits the items the inspector must handle in the seller’s home.
*Anyone who has travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days should not attend the home inspection. If there has been anyone in the house who has been out of the country in the last 14 days, the inspection should be rescheduled.
Residential Property Inspector Mark Goodwin
Facts for informed decision making
- Continued professional development
- Comprehensive reports aid decisions making
- Reports assist with repair schedule
- Wide consulting base
Buying your new home can be exciting, momentous and meaningful – but it can also be stressful, especially if you’re not sure how to gauge the physical condition of a house.
That’s where House Sound Home Inspections comes in – owned by Mark Goodwin, a licensed and qualified home inspector serving Vancouver, North Shore and West Vancouver, Horseshoe Bay, Lions Bay, Britannia Beach, Squamish, Whistler and all surrounding suburbs.
Call us today and you will sleep better tonight!
BEST HOME INSPECTION & APPRAISAL SERVICE CATEGORY
We are the proud winners of the Squamish Chief’s Annual Readers’ Choice Award four years in a row for BEST HOME INSPECTION & APPRAISAL SERVICE
We provide professional Home Inspections for Sellers, Home Inspections for Buyers, and New Home Deficiency Inspections. We provide a professional comprehensive digital report to serve as your guide for as long as you own your home.
House Sound Home Inspections consists of Mark Goodwin (the inspector), and Gerrie Goodwin (the Manager). Having purchased property here in BC, we are acutely aware of the concerns that purchasing a home can entail.
Creating and maintaining the highest standards in the industry by providing memorable customer experiences, honing in on in-house analytical skills, timely responses and a keen eye for detail.
Cultivating relationships, developing processes and continued education of skills and business knowledge to ensure an exceptional level of delivery. By striving to exceed client expectations, additional troubleshooting support ensures smoother transactions.
Creating an expert status in property consumer protection by fostering a strong local and extended presence with persistent, good quality communications and high value of information sharing for on-going rapport with current and future clients.
Integrity, confidentiality and honesty are at the very heart of the operation. As an independent investigator and enabler instilling confidence and demonstrating reliance for guaranteed peace of mind.
Objectivity and unbiased, professional observations provide necessary neutrality in typically emotionally charged buying decisions. Catalyst to personal and professional wealth protection and accumulation.
What Our Clients Say About Us
I believe the level of service I received went above and beyond the call of duty. The attention to detail was astounding. I would recommend your service to anyone looking for a home. The documentation and photographic evidence was put together at an expert level. I felt like I had good friend giving me a hand and not like I was just another client. The experience I had with mark was great
The photographic evidence was more than enough, and it helped my Father address all the possible concerns accordingly. Mark was very detail oriented and didn’t cut corners. I liked that he actually explained things as he was seeing them, and I felt very involved in the inspection. Mark was very personable, and respectful. Being a young buyer, I’ve often been brushed off, and Mark treated my Mom and I with utmost respect, while maintaining a friendly approach.
Our Google Reviews
Mark was very thorough, explained everything in detail and was very open to all of our questions. He put our mind at ease in the home we were purchasing. Gerrie was very quick to complete the booking for us and they both made the whole process of the inspection in the stressful time of home buying a total breeze. Thank you so much Mark and Gerrie!
Mark is extremely detailed oriented, inspected every aspect of our home to be with a critical eye and provided us with a fair balanced assessment with recommendations for correction and supported his opinions with data linked to various websites. It was both educational as to how things worked in a house, awesome for future maintenance and was appropriate and very beneficial for assessing the house with a purchase in mind. I recommend him.
What an incredible company! My husband and I are first time home buyers and Mark and his wife Gerrie really made the home inspecting process a breeze! Mark was very thorough going through with us every part of the home and everything he found along the way which included going up on the roof and going under the building. He took hundreds of photos and then later went through them all with us and wrote up a very detailed report. It gave us complete peace of mind knowing exactly what we were getting into! Both of them are fantastic and I can't recommend them high enough!